Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Days AfterThe Turkey.....

While I love the leftovers more than the actual meal, I have now reached a turkey infinity.  There were the sandwiches, the soup, the "oh my gosh, is there really turkey in this?" Frankly, I am done for a while.  On Saturday, we went to a tree farm to cut down our Christmas tree.  We love doing this as a family.  This year, the farm we usually go to has become exhausted.  The trees that are there are not quite large enough yet.  So, off to the new location,with only spruce trees.(only like blue spruce outside).  These are so prickly, I am worried about the injuries when I go to decorate it.  I had to compromise this year, since the family tells me I always have the final say on the tree.  I stepped back and they chose the one they all agreed on.  It's not like I didn't try to get my way, but I don't want to be the GRINCH! We had a really nice day, and then went out for dinner at The Black Horse in Mendam.  The weekend went by so fast.  We did not do any Christmas shopping yet, we think it's crazy how the stores are open at all hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment