Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Lorrainereflections said...

Well, due to the power, my post went into the save file until I could retrieve it and post it today. Well, it happened!!! Friday morning, I am in the shower at 5:15 when the power goes out. Oh, wait, it was just a surge, Oh, No it's for real, PITCH BLACK! I am full of soap and hoping there is enough water in the tank to be able to rinse. I am set to go to the middle school today at7:oo a.m. for my secondary content class. Thankfully, the coffee maker went off at 5:00 am and was still warm. So, I proceed with the hurricane lanterns, (I own four) and begin the make-up. Well, I have no idea if I look even or not. Now to wake the kids. The school ended up closing since a tree fell, knocking out power in half the town, and knocking out two transformers. The power was out for hours. We used our first snow day! We get 7 per year and often go over the allotted amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment